Cosmetic dentistry involves one or more elective procedures to improve the appearance of your teeth and smile as well as overall functionality.
We offer several popular cosmetic dentistry procedures at the office of Dr. Qureshi and are happy to discuss each one with you during a private consultation. Dr. Quershi and his staff make recommendations based on your current dental history as well as your treatment goals.
Most Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
The field of cosmetic dentistry has enjoyed tremendous growth over the past decade or so, with the following procedures being among the most requested by patients:
- Teeth Whitening: Also known as bleaching, professional teeth whitening can make your teeth up to 10 times brighter than they are currently. Dr. Qureshi uses the Zoom teeth whitening method, which takes approximately one hour to complete in the office.
- Porcelain Veneers: A veneer is an extremely small and thin piece of ceramic that can hide cracked, chipped, stained, or misshapen teeth. Before placing a porcelain veneer, Dr. Qureshi needs to remove a small amount of tooth enamel to ensure a proper fit.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that consists of wearing removable clear aligners that the patient must change approximately every two weeks. At the start of treatment, Dr. Qureshi takes x-rays and impressions that allow our laboratory to make custom-made Invisalign trays for each patient. Treatment time is typically lesser than with traditional braces.
- Dental Bridge: A bridge is a partial denture to conceal tooth loss. It stays in place by anchoring to surrounding teeth. Dr. Qureshi places dental bridges for cosmetic reasons as well as to restore the health of the gums. Without a replacement tooth in place, the remaining teeth eventually shift, which can increase the likelihood of periodontal disease, TMJ, and additional tooth loss.
- Dental Implants: Implants are a permanent solution for tooth loss that is ideal for people who prefer not to have removable dentures or a dental bridge. The implant, which is a small titanium rod that Dr. Qureshi screws into place, acts as the root for the new permanent teeth. Patients may opt for implants to replace a few teeth or opt for full-mouth tooth replacement using dental implants to hold them in place.
Contact Us to Learn More
We welcome you to contact our dental office in La Grange, Illinois with additional questions about our cosmetic dentistry procedures or to schedule a consultation. You will have the opportunity to see what you can expect to look like after completion of the procedure of your choice.